Dwarf:They are special characters serving for the kingdoms that are rich in ancient grandeur. Area of operation of the Dwarf 5e is the mountainous range, deep mines and blazing forges. One of the most important characteristics of the Mountain dwarf 5e is its lifelong commitment to clans and traditions. In fact, they hate goblins and orcs because the latter are their eternal enemies. In face of threats, dwarves unite and become capable to deliver a killer punch to the opponents.
Dwarf 5e Traits:
The character of the dwarf is based on the inborn abilities and the behavior.
Ability Score Increase: The constitution scores move north by the 2 points.
Age: Dwarves belong to the young category till they reach the age of 50 years however their maturity period is same as humans.
Dwarves are not reckless creatures but believe in an ordered society. They are of the view that people should live in harmony and everybody has the right to a just living.
The average height of dwarf ranges from 4 to 5feet and average weight is about 150 pounds. In short the size is medium when compared to human beings.
The speed limit of the dwarf is about 25 feet however it remains the same even when the character has adorned a heavy armor.
Since the dwarves live an underground life, they have an impeccable vision that can see through the dark. One of the most important attributes of the dwarves is that they can recognize dim light from a distance of about 60 feet. Distinguishing color in the darkness is a cake walk for the sturdy character. Check out the orc race 5e now, you can get each and every aspect about this specific race.
As a character, you are resistant to poison damages and can also save throws against poison.
Dwarves are battle hardened clansmen with proficiency in techniques such as battleaxe, handaxe, Light hammer and win hammer.
Dwarves are able to take intelligent decision related to the origin of the stone work; therefore they are experts in History skills. Double points are added to the proficiency bonus of the character.
You are expert in speaking and writing common, Dwarvish language consisting of hard consonants and Guttural sounds.
Dwarf D&D 5e Names:
Generally, clan elders name the new dwarf according to the culture and tradition. The names have been used many times through the generations. Since the race is based on clan loyalty, the name is associated with the group instead of an individual. A dwarf indulging in misdeeds and bringing bad name to the clients is stripped of the names would remain anonymous for the rest of the life. Here the article to know about the aasimar 5e race.
Male Names: Adrik, Alberich, Baern, Barendd, Brottor, Bruenor, Dain, Darrak, Delg, Eberk, Einkil, Fargrim, Flint, Gardain, Harbek, Kildrak, Morgran, Orsik, Oskar, Rangrim, Rurik, Taklinn, Thoradin, Thorin, Tordek, Traubon, Travok, Ulfgar, Veit, Vondal
Female Names: Amber, Artin, Audhild, Bardryn, Dagnal, Diesa, Eldeth, Falkrunn, Finellen, Gunnloda, Gurdis, Helja, Hlin, Kathra, Kristryd, Ilde, Liftrasa, Mardred, Riswynn, Sannl, Torbera, Torgga, Vistra
Clan Names: Balderk, Battlehammer, Brawnanvil, Dankil, Fireforge, Frostbeard, Gorunn, Holderhek, Ironfist, Loderr, Lutgehr, Rumnaheim, Strakeln, Torunn, Ungart
Dwarf General Info
|Average Lifespan||350 years|
|Homeland’s||Prime Material Plane|
|Subraces||Arctic dwarves,Gold dwarves, Gray dwarves, Shield dwarves,Urdunnir dwarves, Wild dwarves|
|Average Height||4 – 5 ft (1.2 – 1.5 m)|
|Average Weight||150 lb (68 kg)|
|Distinctions||Physically durable, insightful, primarily dwell underground, some females capable of growing beards|
Short and Stout:
Boldness is the common trait running in the veins of the D&d dwarf clan because they are skilled warrior and refuse to back down. They are also adept in handling different metals, steel and working with mines. Although they are only 5 feet tall, the broad shoulders and compact body make them heavier than the humans in terms of sheer weight. In addition, courage and bravery make them indispensable for any battle. We also written a detailed d&d 5e dragonborn guide.
Mountain dwarf 5e has a special skin texture displaying brown to pale hue to the naked eye. In some cases, you may find light brown or deep tan options on the warrior. The hair of the dwarf soldiers is draped in black, grey or brown colors. It is long and woven in simple styles however the eye catching attribute is the beard of the dwarves. Males are very careful about their beard and take special care to groom them in an impeccable style.
Long memory and Long Grudges:
D&d 5e dwarf lives for a very long time with the maximum age increasing to 400 years. In fact, the oldest ones belong to a very different era as they have very interesting stories to tell to the younger generations. For instance, the oldest ones can recount that how three centuries ago orcs occupied the fort and send all the dwarves into exile for about 250 years. Longevity helps them to create a new perspective about the world and the events; therefore they are far more experienced than the human race.
- The personality of dwarves resembles a stoic and giant mountain where they spend majority of their lives. Due to high endurance, they face difficulties with a significant degree of chivalry. Dwarf 5e soldiers are very loyal to the clans as they cherish their ancient history and roots of the bravery.
- Individual dwarves are very loyal to their clans and are known for the commitments however sometimes they become too stubborn.
- D&d dwarf are decisive and do not let bygones be bygone.
- In other words they seek vengeance if any wrong is committed against or the clan. In some cases, escalation has resulted into a full blown war.
Clans and Kingdoms:
The kingdoms of Dwarf 5e extends beneath the mountains where precious gems are found in plenty. Clansmen are experts in forging different types of metals according to their requirements and specifications. They admire the beauty of the gems and jewelries and if they are not able to find rest of the precious metals, the dwarfs get them from the trade with far off lands. Here you read about the bugbear player race 5e and names, stats and etc…
Since Mountain dwarf 5e is averse to boats and water bodies, the humans and the Halflings manage the sea business while the dwarves are engaged in inland trading. Clan is the epitome of reverence for the dwarves because they also cherish high social standings. Even if the Dwarf 5e is far away, the individual longs for the kith and kin of the clan. A dwarf without affiliations is like a rudderless boat devoid of oath and values.
Clansmen in and around the land are artisans skilled in designing weapons of different configurations. Some of the dwarves also work as hired killers and bodyguards because they are quite courageous and brave.
Gods, Gold and Clan:
- There are certain dwarves that are die hard adventurists since they pursue treasure for personal purpose or to help other clansmen.
- Some other dwarves are buoyed by the call of the duty from deity or the desire to pay reverence to the dwarf Gods.
- In certain instances, clans are also the driving force to accomplish the seemingly impossible task.
- Dwarf can embark on the project to salvage the honor of the clan or he may also try to take revenge against the wrong committed against the clan in the past. Some dwarves may try to find the axe that their ancestors lost in the past in the battle in the distant past.
Slow to trust:
Dwarves are very friendly with the members of other races however they do not trust easily. According to them, there is a huge difference between an acquaintance and a friend. It indicates that races such as humans cannot earn the trust of dwarves because they live for a very short time.
- Dwarves are of the view that Elves are not reliable and if the hammer assaults the head of the arcs, they jump into celebrations.
- In spite of the hatred towards the enemy, elves do not have the stomach to fight the dwarves successfully.
- In addition, good smiths can be rarely found among the elves however the ones available are exceptionally brilliant in handling the metals.
- They are helpful to ward off the attacks from the orcs and goblins running from the top of the mountains.
They are regarded as pleasant and harmless creature however Halflings are not warrior tribes. Moreover, the Halflings are not empire builders and they are not metal smiths unlike the dwarves.
- Dwarves require lot of time to understand the members of the human races however it is not sufficient as the person dies very quickly.
- To make friend with human, the individual should have a daughter or son who is as good as the parents.
- According to dwarves, humans are tenacious breed when they want to overcome challenges such as getting Dragon hoard or empire’s throne. In short, the little ones admire the dedication of the human beings.
Hill Dwarfs reside in the inner echelons of the hill side and are marked by impeccable resilience.
Ability score increase:
The wisdom score increases by a single point option.
The hit point increases by a single value while also shows upward trend with increase in the level.
The dwarf is the doyen of rugged terrain and can survive in tough conditions without any problem. Individual would be taller with a lighter complexion and high energy levels. Shield Dwarves, Hylar clan and Daewar Clan belong to the category of mountain dwarves.
Ability score increase:
The character has the capability to increase the strength score by 2 points.
Dwarven Armor Training:
Individual is a master in dealing with Light and medium armor.
Check: Guards and Wards 5e
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Q: Do female dwarves have beards D&D?
A: Yes, of course the female dwarves able to grow beards
Q: How much does a dwarf weight 5e?
A: The average weight of dwarf is 150 pounds.
Q: Can Dwarves use magic in d&d 5e?
A: Basically, the dwarves were prevented from using the magic. Dwarves can perfectly capable of casting and also using the magic in dnd and also pathfinder.
Q: How long do dwarves live in dnd?
A: 350 years