In dungeons and dragons all kinds of Shifters are sometimes called the weretouched, like many of them are believed that they are the descendants of different kinds of humans and also the lycanthropes. Of course they are strongest humanoids with the bestial aspects; however while they are unable to fully change shape they could temporarily increase their animalistic features – a state they do call it as shifting.
But whatever their origins, shifters have been evolved into the perfect race. Here a shifter walks on the knife’s edge in between the wild’s and also the world around them. So do they embrace their primal instincts or else the path of civilization?
- Beasthide frequently emphasis the bear or the boar: stoic, stubborn and thick-skinned.
- The Longtooth shifters are typically have lupine traits and also prefer to run with a pack.
- The Swiftstride are also frequently predatory and feline, but also a swiftstride could be one of the cunning rats those who darts via the shadows.
- The Wildhunt shifters were born from any creatures which is able to track its prey.
- Ability Score Increase: All your Dexterity score increases by 1.
- Age: The shifters are much quick to mature both physically and also emotionally, simply by reaching young and adulthood at the age of 10. Of course they seldomly live to be more than 70 years old.
- Alignment: The shifters tend towards to neutrality, just being more focused on the survival than the concepts of good and evil. So a love of personal freedom could be driven the shifters toward the chaotic alignments.
- Size: The shifters are range from 5 to 7 feet tall, simply depends upon their subrace. As per this your size is medium.
- Speed: Your base walking speed is almost 30 feet.
- Darkvision: You have the superior vision in the dark and in the dim conditions too. Perhaps you are able to see in the dim light within 60 feet of you like if it was bright light, and in the darkness as if it was dim light. You can not be discern the color in darkness, only the shades of gray.
- Keen Senses: You have the proficiency in your Perception skill.
- Shifting: As a bonus action, you can assume a more bestial appearance. Of course this transformation can be last for a minute, until you would be die, or else until unless you revert to your normal appearance like a bonus action. Whenever you shift, you can gain the temporary hit points which are equal to your level + your Constitution modifier (it may be at least minimum of 1 temporary hit point). You can also gain the benefits which may depend on your shifter subrace, described below. Once you do shift, you can do again until unless you finish the short or long rest.
- Languages: You can read and write Common, Quori, and one other language of your choice.