Bugbears are essentially hairy goblinoids that are born for battle and mayhem. They survive by raiding and hunting, preferring to do so at night, and although they favor being on the offensive, they are stealthy creatures known to set ambushes when outmatched. Despite their stealthy nature, bugbears are larger than goblins and hobgoblins; they are considered a giant humanoid.
When a bugbear decapitates a creature, that creature’s soul remains trapped. Furthermore, the bugbear can use the decapitated head to magically command all those whom the creature knew. Lurid tales those are like have flowered from the seeds of truth.
They take the heads of enemy leaders but they are no more likely to eat the people indiscriminately than the humans are. These bugbears aren’t likely to the attack lone travelers or the wandering children until unless they clearly have something to the gain by doing so. From the view point of the rest of the world, their aggression and also their savagery are thankfully offset by their rarity and also lethargy.
Based on the Dethek script, the language later on incorporated Thorass alphabet.
Ability Score Increase: Your strength score increases by 2, and your Dexterity score increases by 1.
Age: Bugbears reach adulthood at age 16, and live up to 80 years.
Alignment: Bugbears tend to be Chaotic Evil, a result of their enduring a harsh existence.
Darkvision: You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You cannot discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and the Goblin language.
Long-Limbed: Whenever you make a melee attack on your turn there your reach for it is 5 feet greater than the normal.
Powerful Build: You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.
Size: Bugbears stand 6 – 8 feet tall and weigh between 250 – 350lbs. Your size is Medium.
Sneaky: You have proficiency in Stealth.
Speed: 30 feet is your base walking speed.
Surprise Attack: If you surprise a creature and hit it with an attack on your first turn in combat, the attack deals an extra 2d6 damage to it. You can only use this trait once per combat.
|16 (Hide Armor, Shield)
|Stealth +6, Survival +2
|Darkvision 60 Ft., passive Perception 10
|1 (200 XP)
|STR15 (+2), DEX 14 (+2), CON 13 (+1), INT 8 (-1), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 9 (-1),
|Bugbear, Bugbear chief
|6’10” – 7’2″
|250 – 300 lbs
|Yellow to reddish brown
|Orange, Yellow, red, brown, greenish white
|Large, hairy, wedge-shaped ears, heightened sense of smell, tough hide, claws, strong but nimble
The two most important attributes of behavior are dimwits and brutish. Bugbears are very short tempered creature and can easily fly into rages. They are prone to fight at the slightest of provocations however certain bugbears are adamant to overcome the issue due to the rewards earned from the virtue.
In short, it is good to be calm while the anger incites evil and causes destruction. Bugbears understand that the pleasures of ill tempers are short and would do more harm than good in the long run.
The creature enjoys the company of other goblinoids since the tribes made of Goblins and Bugbears are hated and other races try to wipe them out as quickly as possible. Some bugbear try to operate independently however the clans of the hobgoblins are not savages and more organized. It is partially due to the reason that bugbears are vulnerable to low tempers and do not have to the patience to indulge in diplomacy. They prefer to resolve the disputes through violent means and bloodshed however negotiations are possible if they are overpowered. Due to hardships of life, bugbears are hardy survivalists and prepare for the worst circumstances.
The creatures are blessed with their own pantheons headed by the great Hruggek, the god of Violence and combat. It has massive physical features with 12 feet height and humungous fangs. One of the most important attributes of the God is that it wields a 10 feet morning star. After the battle, he used to sever the heads of his opponents as souvenirs.
The morning star is an extremely potent weapon of the Gods as it resembles spiked club but with refinements. You would notice a head with 20 spikes protruding out of the surface. The weapon carries significant weight as it is not less than 20 kg. After the occurrence of the spell plagues the powers of the Hruggek is reduced significantly and now it serves to the God of Tyranny.
Brute: It is a unique weapon designed to inflict one die of the damage when the bugbear strikes. The rating indicates the brute force of the character and the effectiveness of the weapon.
The bugbears are adept in living across diverse conditions. For instance, the average life span is similar to the humans because, the creature can live for 75 years. Since the character is an excellent barbarian, it is primarily a carnivore humanoid.
One of the most favored climates for the creature is temperate climate. Cool showers and moderate temperature are ideal; conditions for the bugbears to settle down and enjoy the time. The favored terrain for the creature is underground because it wants to stay away from the dangers on the surface.
- The creatures are masters of stealth in spite of having a intimidating body. Bug bear is known to wage guerilla warfare with the opponents. It kills the enemies with vengeance but flees from the zone of conflict if overpowered. The survival instinct of the race is extremely brilliant; therefore it is not easy to annihilate them from the material world.
- Bugbear is an excellent mercenary as it is not only reliable but also strongly committed towards the objectives. They are loyal of you provide them food, drink and treasure on a persistent basis however in case of life threats; the creatures could be the first ones to turn their back on you.
- A wounded bug bear is left to its own device by its companions. The same individual would help the opponents to track down his friends if spilling the beans could save his lives.
The weapon delivers 4 points on a single attack at a height of 5ft while piercing through the opponents can provide 11 points on a trot.
It is a ranged weapon with ferocious attacking power. A 5 ft height can easily clock 4 points. The range of 30 ft makes the bugbear an absolute winner in any battle.
City of the spider queen:
- Bugbear participates in the drow raids against Doggerdale. In response Randal morn summons the army to analyze the matter and protect the kingdom. The cult plays dirty tricks in galvanizing the natives of the outpost into enhanced activities against the inhabitants of the surface world.
- The adventure during the game traverses the cha caters through the lake of shadows, wailing cliff and Vournoths mire.
- Bugbear appears in different games and plays a very important role in accomplishing the mission. They are extremely dedicated soldiers but are not reliable in wake of sudden emergencies. You have to be always on the watch against extremely independent creatures because their flipping can alter the course of important battles.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Are Bugbears Humanoids?
A: The bugbear was a massive “Humanoid” but they are larger and stronger than the goblins and also hobgoblins
Q2: How Much Does a Bugbear Weigh?
A: Between 250 and 350 pounds these bugbears weigh.